Is it safe for chickens to consume?

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
Just bought Sweet PDZ coop refresher from chewy a 10lb bag I'm using for my poop boards. It looks like little tiny rocks or pebbles (granules) well I have a feeling my chickens are going to test it out and eat it and that bag didnt say anything about chickens consuming it. What do you think?

Picture

Attachments

• 20201118_153536.jpg
    20201118_153536.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 7
They may nibble at it, but it's won't hurt them.
Curious where you got that sized bag and how much it cost?
I buy the 25# bag at TS and 40# bags at my mill, those are same price per pound(~$0.40/lb). corrected math error.

Last edited:
They may nibble at it, but it's won't hurt them.
Curious where you got that sized bag and how much it cost?
I buy the 25# bag at TS and 40# bags at my mill, those are same price per pound(~$2.50).
we bought it on Chewy.com in the chicken section. dint really look at the size (10lb) as it was $17. showed up in a tiny box and laughed but it was enough for 2 poop boards.

we bought it on Chewy.com in the chicken section. dint really look at the size (10lb) as it was $17. showed up in a tiny box and laughed but it was enough for 2 poop boards.
Yikes! Yeah, much cheaper at the farm store in the horse aisle.
I buy the 25# bag at TS and 40# bags at my mill, those are same price per pound(~$0.40/lb). corrected math error.

Yikes! Yeah, much cheaper at the farm store in the horse aisle.
yea we weren't going to buy it from chewy but my TSC didn't have any and there website didn't have it either from what I was looking for.

Edit: just found it on their website (horse stall refresher?) $9 well pretty much $10 for a bigger bag then what I bought.

Back
Top Bottom