is it true?

Mogli

Songster
9 Years
Aug 19, 2010
Northwestern PA Conneaut lake
is it true thats there are laws and other stuff when it comes to raising chickens or is it a bunch of bolona all 50 states are aloud to have chickens in there backyard RITE or are the laws for forign countries?

oh i live in pennsylvania and i have no clue what the laws or rules are i looked up laws for chickens in PA on google and idk what to look for or what to believe on google idk

Quote:
In town our out in the country? You say back yard so sounds like in town, in which case you need to find out what the laws are in your town.

I wouldn't depend on most of those Google sites, either, but usually you can start with the state government site or city government site and go from there.

Another way would be to look up your county extension office, most towns have them, and just go or call and ask them.

Down here even the towns often have no restrictions, but this is Georgia, not Pennsylvania.

ok thanks alot everyone appreciate it
thumbsup.gif

If your town has a dog officer or animal control officer, that is most probably the person to ask. They are usually responsible for sending the state agriculture department an annual census of all the livestock and poultry in their town (it's called a "barn book") so they must know the zoning rules and municipal ordinances.

Back
Top Bottom