Is it wrong?

legally in the UK and animal that is sold for food must be stunned before it is slaughtered with the exception of halal and kosher

Dorsetduckowner, your a very very good person to offer to come all this way for the ducks. I would love to accept your offer ( but I would feel bad asking you to come all this way). I am having no luck at the moment and am feeling bad as they are in such a tiny pen. Its my only option at least until the larger house is built for them. I could offer to pay for your petrol money and give you somewhere to stay should you not want to drive all that way and back again in the same day. Im not a weirdo or anything
wee.gif

Quote:
so if they are stunned does that mean they are rendered unconsious?

Yes. The stun knocks them out and then they are dispatched. I've seen a turkey and pig done that way on "The F Word." Looks very humane.

Quote:
so if they are stunned does that mean they are rendered unconsious?

Yes. The stun knocks them out and then they are dispatched. I've seen a turkey and pig done that way on "The F Word." Looks very humane.

Yes electrically stunned 6 or so seconds of 600 volts or so. (not sure about amps)

In the turkey it was to the inside of the mouth towards the brain.

Quote:

Yes electrically stunned 6 or so seconds of 600 volts or so. (not sure about amps)

In the turkey it was to the inside of the mouth towards the brain.

Thanks for info.

Hiya, no problem, I can come and get them next week if you like petrol money would be most helpful! It is only about 2.5 hours each way from Bournemouth.

Could you email me on [email protected] rather than use this forum as I cannot always get on here.

zo

Back
Top Bottom