1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is my chick a Buff Polish?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sylverfly, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    So I thought one of my new chicks was a buff polish, but now I’m not sure. The feathers coming in are not laced so maybe it’s a solid buff polish, but its not really buff colored. it’s a very light color, you have to look hard to realize its not white. The other thing I noticed is that it has green legs a yellowish olive color. Other then those two things it looks like a polish 4 toes and a poofy feather head. Its also extremely friendly, tries to fly out of the brooder and sit on me when ever it sees me. Sorry I don’t have a photo right now I’ll try and get one later.

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Buff Laced polish, or any laced color, never look truly laced until they're in their second feathering. And, if it is from a hatchery, there's chances it will never look properly laced. [​IMG]

However, green colored legs indicate a crossbreeding. What color was the chick in its down? Where did you get it from?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by