Is my crossbred chicken a rooster?

BarnyardCross

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2018
F4CCEDA4-4E33-4457-A7BD-3D79AB89335D.jpeg
288B7CEB-92CF-40F6-A5A2-8B40560F8FEF.jpeg
I have a chicken that appears to have sickle feathers. It was never a very nice chicken. I flipped it over and compared the spur bumps to my other chickens and there wasn’t a difference. I don’t know what kind of cross it is, and it is most likely a 3rd or 4th generation cross. The hackle also looks the same.

View attachment 1612188 View attachment 1612189 I have a chicken that appears to have sickle feathers. It was never a very nice chicken. I flipped it over and compared the spur bumps to my other chickens and there wasn’t a difference. I don’t know what kind of cross it is, and it is most likely a 3rd or 4th generation cross. The hackle also looks the same.
To me, it looks like a very beautiful pullet! Do you know how old it is? I have a six month old favaucana who has similar feather shapes to your chicken, had me thinking she was a cockreal for a while lol!

How old? Looks like a pullet.
It’s about 3-4 months.
Looks female.
I'm gonna guess some Sumatra influence as well as game.
I can't decide. The comb is pretty red, so if it is 12 weeks or under, I'd say probably cockerel. If it is older than that, probably pullet. It's a pretty bird in either case. Probably some Easter egger in the mix, and maybe some game fowl.
Looks like an Easter Egger pullet.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/raising-wildish-chicks.1274908/
Read this. Please don’t continue guessing the breed, it is a cross of probably 5-6 different types of chicken.

View attachment 1612188 View attachment 1612189 I have a chicken that appears to have sickle feathers. It was never a very nice chicken. I flipped it over and compared the spur bumps to my other chickens and there wasn’t a difference. I don’t know what kind of cross it is, and it is most likely a 3rd or 4th generation cross. The hackle also looks the same.

Compared to any siblings it might have, are the feet/legs much bigger than the others?

Back
Top Bottom