is my duck sick?!?

It could be defincint in vitamin b or niacin, ducks need both and it's not generally found in all flock.
All flock does have niacin (which is vitamin b3). Some do well with no supplements and others need more. Generally the all flock feeds have the minimum a duck would need.
Pekins are known for having leg issues and needing supplemental niacin.

@AmericanaHank it sounds like your duck could benefit by receiving extra niacin. I would get the liquid vitamin b complex and give your duckling 1mL over dome treats per day. You can get it at your local farm supply store. It most likely will say injectable but you can just put it on their food or treats.

Pekins usually need more niacin than what comes in their feed. I wish they were sold with that notice so that people didn't run into so much trouble with them. Get the liquid vitamin B complex as soon as possible and see if that helps. Is she sitting and resting more than your other ducks? Does she have trouble getting up?

I am so sorry to hear this :hugs
What kind of cage and is it covered in hardware cloth? that is about the only thing that will keep [raccoons ]which can reach in and pull something through fencing out. If you have other ducks I would recommend you asap get hardware cloth and cover the cage completely with it.

I am so sorry to hear this :hugs
What kind of cage and is it covered in hardware cloth? that is about the only thing that will keep [raccoons ]which can reach in and pull something through fencing out. If you have other ducks I would recommend you asap get hardware cloth and cover the cage completely with it
it is covered chain link. Is hardware cloth like chicken wire?

Back
Top Bottom