Is my hen a rooster? Partridge Plymouth Rock

Aseit472

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 25, 2013
Hey everyone! I'm brand new to backyard chicken keeping and just started with my small flock of 5; all different breeds. I'm certain 4 are hens but there is one in the bunch that I believe may be a rooster. It's my partridge Plymouth Rock. Is anyone familiar with this breed? They are only a little over 10 weeks old and she/he has become very vocal....and not vocal like the other girls. I watched some YouTube videos of juvenile roosters crowing and it's very similar. She/he is bossy, much bigger and stands taller. A few other friends who are familiar with chickens/chicken keeping are thinking its a rooster. I've attached some pictures...any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hey everyone! I'm brand new to backyard chicken keeping and just started with my small flock of 5; all different breeds. I'm certain 4 are hens but there is one in the bunch that I believe may be a rooster. It's my partridge Plymouth Rock. Is anyone familiar with this breed? They are only a little over 10 weeks old and she/he has become very vocal....and not vocal like the other girls. I watched some YouTube videos of juvenile roosters crowing and it's very similar. She/he is bossy, much bigger and stands taller. A few other friends who are familiar with chickens/chicken keeping are thinking its a rooster. I've attached some pictures...any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Resembles a young rooster to me, but I'd get a few more opinions.

Back
Top Bottom