Is my mini pig pregnant?

I highly suggest signing up in BYC’s sister site called BackYard Herds- there are a lot of experienced pig caretakers there and they may be able to help better estimate. One female a family member had usually would have her stomach literally near dragging the ground shortly before giving birth. The folks on BYH may want to see more photos and ask questions about her behavior.

I highly suggest signing up in BYC’s sister site called BackYard Herds- there are a lot of experienced pig caretakers there and they may be able to help better estimate. One female a family member had usually would have her stomach literally near dragging the ground shortly before giving birth. The folks on BYH may want to see more photos and ask questions about her behavior.
BYH is a good idea, though no one EVER responds! It is very inactive this time of year, but it is worth a shot. If you post about your pig on there, don't expect a response until at least the next day, often longer then that.

@The Moonshiner, what sort of arrangments need to be made for a pregnant pig? I know how to care for pregnant mares, cats, and dogs. What do pigs need?

Do they need to be separated from the other pigs? Do they need some sort of special birthing pen? What sort of food do they need?

I know you asked another person but we separated the female entirely. Either the male would harass her and the little ones, or she’d get really mean with him for coming near.
I know you asked another person but we separated the female entirely. Either the male would harass her and the little ones, or she’d get really mean with him for coming near.
That's what I'm thinking. We are moving him to a new pen first thing in the morning

Back
Top Bottom