Is my pigeon lonely?

i think he is here to stay. i kind of think we have really bonded. i was so excited to see him again. and my cat and dog are not bothered by him being here it's like he's meant to be here. im not sure why he has chosen my place or me but i'm so glad he did! i kind of think there's a reason why he didn't return to his other home, i also feel that if i do find the owner he will just come back here. i don't like the idea that people use these beautiful birds for profit. i would like to just let him outside to fly around and let him do his thing and bring him in at night. i think that for him would be ideal. what do you think?

....what if it's a good owner? I'm thankful everyday that when my home was broken into and my dogs released, they were found and returned. My pit bull is covered with bite scars.. She's a rescued bait dog. What if someone had assumed I fought dogs?!?!?! My reality is that I have put a lot of money into my girl to bring her back to health, I may never have seen her again. The thought makes me nauseous.
Perhaps a bit of research on that pigeon band. I'm very happy to see its doing well!!
Out of curiosity, do animals/birds find you often? Most people that love animals and help them, will tell you that animals find them... Good luck with your feathered friend.

yes i will try to find the owner. i have it in mind to see if they will let me buy him. im reluctant because if he is only used for racing than what will be his out come. but given the fact he's so friendly and more than happy to sit in my hands i feel maybe he's someone's loved one.

yes i will try to find the owner. i have it in mind to see if they will let me buy him. im reluctant because if  he is only used for racing than what will be his out come. but given the fact he's so friendly and more than happy to sit in my hands i feel maybe he's someone's loved one.

Well, good luck!!! A random thought, how long have you lived where you are? Is it possible he used to live there? Have fun with your new buddy! One of my pigeons loves living with a dog.... Why fly when you can ride around on a dogs rear end?!?!

hahahaha how gorgeous. i live out in the country in New Zealand, we have been here for about 6 months. ive had nothing to do with pigeons at all, so it all new to me. All i know is that we have an amazing bond. it's weird like we are long lost buddies!

@caesargirl

Don't like to feel outdone.

Her name is Key LA.. ( Key to happiness..... Love Always)
She only had 3 hours left......... We rescued her
smile.png

@caesargirl Don't like to feel outdone. Her name is Key LA.. ( Key to happiness..... Love Always) She only had 3 hours left......... We rescued her :)
Ohhhhh. You have a heartbreaker!!! Such a precious love. Absolutely perfect. And a rescue. And I see she looks terribly uncomfortable!!! Thank you so much for sharing. Something about a furball ....

Some pigeon racers are in it just for sport, but many are pets or FAM to racers also. On off chance its owner doesn't love, say you can't go to them, n they'll say just keep kill whatever, cause not worth trip or their gas. Or owner may have another or more for you to keep this one company. pigeons need other pigeons too. Even if same sex n or ferel etc different breed. Nice looking racer you got there! Look up local racing/homing clubs/association s, they'll help you learn about and often help set you up with friends for your Lil guy. By tameness sounds like your racer was hand raised so owner probably worried over, or from good homing blood.

thanks for that i will try and get in touch with the owner of this lil fella, i will see if i can by him, but of course if they want him back then he goes. i have hoped that he would fly back to his home on his own accord but he seems to be happy in my company. maybe he is here just to protect me while my partner is away, he's away for 3weeks. this little guy turned up the next day after my partner left. i have had weird things like that happen to me like that through out my life. i named him Kev, short for Kevan, Kevan is my dad who passed away when i was only 4. since then i have had at least 2 birds in my life come to me and stay and act like they are protecting me. weird but true!

Back
Top Bottom