IS MY SAANEN GOAT PREGNANT? SEE PICTURES

Is there a way to find out if your area (and the area your hay comes from) is deficient or is high in any minerals? We have a government agency that has mapped that out for the US, so not sure how you would go about finding it.
Can you get cattle minerals? My goats get a mineral brand called "right now", ADM also makes some minerals, can you get Purina? Manna Pro has small like 8lb bags of mineral that would be better than nothing. Pretty sure Hoegger's ships outside the US. Shipping on minerals is expensive in the US, I can't imagine what it would cost to ship it to PR!

As for the grain... there are lots of options there. What do you have available? Corn, barley, wheat, soybeans, sunflower seeds, milo, oats, etc? You don't have to have something "goat specific". We can help you with the grain, if you want to share what she gets now. You'll have to excuse my ignorance, I just don't know what is available to you, lol.

Thanks a lot! today I went out of town and got blocks of minerals, molasses and vitamin B12. I double checked and they said in PR there is just that brand of grain I get which is maintenance grain for farm animals... people here feed that same grain to horses, pigs and goats. They recommended me to feed horses feed with some honey to the goats for weight gain... Wow, hope that gets them in better shape.. I say them because I have an older doe who's skinnier than the one in the pic and that one had me worried, not the white one.

That one is a smaller breed and had a very bad kidding last month (toxemia). That one has been getting a bit better each week but still pretty skinny. They have been wormed so I am pretty sure is their nutrition I have to pay attention to.

Thanks a lot for the link to body condition... that was very informative
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom