B-flock

Chirping
Aug 31, 2020
Virginia
I had a bad experience with Meyer and decided to go with MPC when ordering chicks this time around. But, I’m just now figuring out that the hatcheries are/were affiliated. The threads I saw are years old, so I’m here to ask if it’s possible that they’re not affiliated anymore?

Meyer forgot to put 2 birds in my last shipment and I chose not to opt for them to re-ship with just the 2 they missed. I wasn’t thrilled with the customer service either. This time around, a friend said to try MPC and I’m expecting a shipment next week. 😩 🤯

For what it’s worth, I was shopping chick prices last week and noticed that on the breed I was looking at, the inventory #s matched exactly for each ship date on th 2 sites. Based on that, I would say yes. I ordered from Meyers in the spring and all 4 chicks were perfect, and have had good experience with customer service so far. Hopefully this shipment works out well this time for you!

For what it’s worth, I was shopping chick prices last week and noticed that on the breed I was looking at, the inventory #s matched exactly for each ship date on th 2 sites. Based on that, I would say yes. I ordered from Meyers in the spring and all 4 chicks were perfect, and have had good experience with customer service so far. Hopefully this shipment works out well this time for you!
Thank you! I didn't even realize it until after I ordered from MPC. But, I received the chicks yesterday, all are active and the breeds seem to be accurate! Meyer must've been having a bad week last week because now that we have a Blue Cuckoo Marans chick from MPC, I'm realizing the Black Copper Marans I was supposed to get from Meyer is most likely a Green Queen (she's all light gray, no black at all). It's all good though, I'm just happy she's healthy and she also happens to be the friendliest!

Last edited:
Here are all of the chickies! Out of the 6 I got from Meyer, 1 did pass from the long journey. She was never really "right". Since We only had 5 out of the 8 from Meyer, we HAD to get 5 from MPC because chicken math! :)

Meyer:
2 Green Queens (I think)... 1 has 5 Toes!
1 Welsummer
1 White Leghorn
1 Mottled Ancona

My Pet Chicken:
3 Green Queen Bantams... 2 Have 5 toes!
1 Cream Legbar
1 Blue Cuckoo Marans
IMG_3713.jpg

Back
Top Bottom