is she a roo? BR 9 weeks

smarquis86

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Yakima, WA
my BR is 9 weeks old and looks like a roo to me. i also have a RIR that is a week older and definitely a roo. so wondering why one looks like a roo and the other is iffy.

87034_yeha_820.jpg

87034_yeha_823.jpg

87034_yeha_829.jpg

This is the RIR
87034_yeha_798.jpg

87034_yeha_828.jpg

Last edited:
how old do you think they are. this going off when we picked them up from the store which they told us that the rir was three days old when we got them. And the BR was 4 days later.which we got from a friend that incubated him for us

what makes him look like a sex link. we have four black sex links and they look nothing like him.
87034_yeha_796.jpg

87034_yeha_816.jpg

87034_yeha_786.jpg

Last edited:
BSL males and females look nothing alike. That is why they are able to sex them at hatch. Females are all black at hatch and feather out to be mostly black with some brown mixed in at the chest/head area usually. Males are black with a white spot on their heads at hatch and feather out to look similar to a BR but usually with odd barring and often with some reddish feathers here and there on their backs as they get older.

Quote:
Because your black sexlinks are girls. In sexlinks, the males and females are different colors.

Back
Top Bottom