Is she a Runner? Think she may be a mix..PHOTOS ADDED>>>

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by heidihas2ducks, May 22, 2012.

1. heidihas2ducks

heidihas2ducks In the Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    [​IMG]This is a picture of my girls. They are 7 weeks in this picture and are supposed to be 2 black runners two fawn and white crested runners and a khaki campbell. I requested crests on the blacks if any hatched and was thrilled that George does have a magnificent crest (George is a girl who we named Rose but she looks just like a boy named George at my sons school so it has become her new name!) So they all are as ordered except for Poppy. She is the beautiful buff colored girly in front. She is by no means a fawn and whited crested and seems a little thick and not quite as upright as say George who is textbook for a runner. Her eyes are khaki colored and not blue and her face is rather round and not as thin and straight at my other girls. I'm thinking she may be a cross but thought I would get your opinions!
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the sideways photo! But its a good shot of her...I adore her!

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Need to share their pictures

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Crowing

Dec 22, 2009
    Did you get them from a hatchery?

4. zooweemama

zooweemama Songster

It looks a lot like a Buff with a crest. I see the one in the back there looks like my MoMo. I haven't figured out what the heck he is yet.
    The creamy colored one in the front is a hatchery Buff. Let me see if I can find a recent one of him since he was more feathers now.
    [​IMG]

5. zooweemama

zooweemama Songster

[​IMG]
    The one in the front is my hatchery Buff. His name is Boo and he is the quietest guy!

6. heidihas2ducks

heidihas2ducks In the Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Oh my gosh! He could be her twin brother! I ordered them from Ideal in texas...

7. zooweemama

zooweemama Songster

I can't recall where my feed store got theirs. I *think* it was Ideal too. I remember thinking...why in the world did they order from Ideal (Texas) when I am in Cali and Metzers is in the same state. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: