Is the a male or hen quail

I got a question most people are saying that it’s a male is there something I should do about it since right it not aggressive to the other male but not sure about later on when it get older because I heard males can’t be together.
Ideally, you want one male to five hens. If you keep say, two males and ten hens, then you want to make sure they have plenty of space, and even then you may end up with a bloody or dead male. I usually have two males to ten hens, but they have about 20 square feet with plenty of hiding places. I also don't put strange males in together, they will have been hatched and raised together. Even then it sometimes doesn't work and I end up having to cull one or both.

It really doesn't matter if they were hatched together and have more than enough space. Sometimes they just don't 'get along' but sometimes they do! It's really a 'trial and error' type situation. It's not always about compatibility or spatial resources, there are so many different factors involved....too many to list.
It's best to limit the number of males to female ratio to that which has worked for others and is 'tried and true'.

Back
Top Bottom