Is ther a cockatiel/budgie equivelant to BYC?

So sorry to here about your cockatiel. :hugs It sounds to me like he may have a repository infection.

What does his poop look like? Any discharge around the eyes or nose? Has his eating and drinking increased or decreased?

Birds often don't show noticeable symptoms until they are very sick. I hope that he gets better.
Thank you very much! I also thought of a respiratory infection. I read that both cockatiels and budgies are quite prone to that type of thing.

His poop looks normal, dark green with white. He's on a store bought cockatiel food at the moment (I want to try to feed him more fruits and veg).

He doesn't have any discharge from the nose or eyes.

I think his eating may have decreased slightly, but nothing too notable. His drinking has also not been too different.

He is still cleaning himself and today, he's climbed onto him favourite pitch a few times. He's currently dosing on it. He seems to much better as the day has progressed, but he's still not great. I'm worried about tonight. I stayed up with him the whole of last night because I honestly thought it has his last hours.

He mostly just seems tired and sometimes he's short of breath, and he's not singung or chirping. His coughing also seems to have decreased a little with him only coughing five or six times today. His sneezing has stayed about the same.

*some pix of him now, @SilverBirds

Attachments

• 20220930_160037.jpg
    20220930_160037.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220930_155949.jpg
    20220930_155949.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 2
What are you feeding him?
He's on a store bought cockatiel food at the moment (I want to try to feed him more fruits and veg). His previous owners fed him the normal millet, so I started him on the store bought cockatiel food so that he has an easier transition to eating better.

Back
Top Bottom