Is there a way to turn off the stuff on the right hand side?

gale65

Songster
9 Years
Aug 19, 2010
north central indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Is there some setting so that it doesn't show up for me? I'm not suggesting taking it off for everyone but it's so distracting to see it. It's the reviews thing, the tags thing, the currently viewing thing. They make the posts really narrow and seeing them out the corner of my eye is really bothering me. And while I'm at it, any way to make the background not such a bright white? Other than altering my monitor, which is calibrated for photo editing?

Last edited:
If there is a way it is only available to platinum members. I am a golden feather and I don't have the ability. If it is I think I would upgrade just for that feature!

If you have the ability to change it, the option will be located under the "My Profile" tab at the top of the page. Click "My Profile" and then select "Edit Account Details" scroll down and look for a box to check or uncheck that reads hide right hand or something like that....

Play with your account details and community profile options to set it up the way you want it. There are many things you can do with this new format, just explore a bit.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Since I'm a freeloader I don't have many options. None of them are fixing what is bothering me. I can't afford to pay to come here so I guess if I don't like it, I better not let the door hit me on the way out.

I don't think GFMs have the ability to change it, I sure tried. Those recent reviews sure are annoying...I don't keep chickens, I hang out here for ducks and other animals, and the chickens are all they seem to be talking about. Kind of like someone talking on a cell phone in the booth next to you while you are trying to have conversation with dinner companions...
hmm.png

Many of us asked the same question, how to rid our selves of the side crappie, no moderator has given us an answer yet, or I have missed it. It's so annoying I have not back here much today. Forum to narrow with side bar mess means headache lol

Since I'm a freeloader I don't have many options. None of them are fixing what is bothering me. I can't afford to pay to come here so I guess if I don't like it, I better not let the door hit me on the way out.

You don't have to pay to come here. All the info and help are free. I was able to pay to enjoy the extra pm storage but it wasn't crucial to me using the site. I can't turn the stuff on the right side off either. I have the option to ignore the stuff or pay for the platinum membership to get rid of it. Either way the info is still free and you can still enjoy the site. I think after a while our eyes will stop registering it and will ignore it.

Back
Top Bottom