Is There Any Way to Stop a Rooster from Crowing?

Roosters will crow even with a collar, but not as loud. make sure you can still slip your finger between the collar and the neck. It is not meant to choke just feel awkward when the neck is stretched. They do get used to it. My rooster sounds more like a crow cawing rather than a full crow, because he doesn't stretch his neck all the way, not because he is choked.. 7 months. I also keep him in a sleepy box until 8am.

Last edited:
01i.PNG

You cannot tell he is wearing it...

Ok, I'm just worried the neighbors will complain. ( I'm sure they'll adapt to it )
My advice to you, register him as an emotional support rooster! That is what our friends did with there rooster that got complained about. They actually live in a no rooster neighborhood, and they got too keep the rooster! I think that animal control did come to there house once actually, but they showed them the papers and there was nothing that animal control could do!

Roosters will crow even with a collar, but not as loud. make sure you can still slip your finger between the collar and the neck. It is not meant to choke just feel awkward when the neck is stretched. They do get used to it. My rooster sounds more like a crow cawing rather than a full crow, because he doesn't stretch his neck all the way, not because he is choked.. 7 months. I also keep him in a sleepy box until 8am.
I would put a collar on him, but once he got it so loose that he got the bottom of his beak stuck in it and he started to pass out. (I know this is a horrible description; sorry) He will probably just get it off with the hens' help too..

I would put a collar on him, but once he got it so loose that he got the bottom of his beak stuck in it and he started to pass out. (I know this is a horrible description; sorry) He will probably just get it off with the hens' help too..
I personally don't like collards, I feel like its kinda mean, plus I worry about choking if it gets hung up. The velcro is supposed to break away, but I don't know, guess I'm just not a huge fan.

Back
Top Bottom