Is there any way to "tame" a duck?

Ah ok. So when you have greens or corn or scrambled eggs you stroke them to get them used to you. What breed? Runners will never be that tame. Calls are the tamest of the lot

We have 2 muscovy hens, 1 Cayuga drake, one muscovy/Cayuga drake mix, and a drake and a hen whose breeds I am unsure of.

Are, those breeds are much harder. The Cayuga and mule duck may never be able to learn that you do not want to hurt them. Muscovies and the unknown breed I do not no how calm their temperament is.

We have 2 muscovy hens, 1 Cayuga drake, one muscovy/Cayuga drake mix, and a drake and a hen whose breeds I am unsure of.
They will never be like a dog and want to be petted but if they come and eat out of your hand that is an accomplishment. I have Runners Muscovy Cayuga and Buff and most will come running when I bring out the mealworms but only a few will come up and eat out of my hand. I'm okay with that as long as they come. My Muscovy females love to catch treats in their bills and they will eat out of my hand.

Actually, the mixed Cayuga/ Muscovy is the tamest, since I raised him from an egg, and he is mostly fine with people. It's the others that I would like to get closer to, though

I just had this random question, because most of our ducks are scared of us. Is there any way to really get close to them?
If you hatch them or buy as 2 day old ducklings and hand raise (they imprint on you) then they will be completely take with you (generally). If they are adults, never.

Back
Top Bottom