Is there something wrong with this chicken egg

Have you noticed any sneezing recently in any chickens? Look at this link number 5:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/common-egg-quality-problems.65923/

Infectious bronchitis tends to cause a lot of abnormal eggs. IB is a respiratory virus which may cause sneezing and congestion for about a month and tends to affect many chickens in a flock. But as you can see there can be other causes.

She might be stressed. How old is she? New layers often take a while to adjust.

One of my new layers just laid one like that, it was only her second egg. Her first one was thin & near transparent, then a thick rumpled up looking huge egg. I guess she's still working the bugs out of her plumbing.

Y'all are going to scare the OP with all of that. Young chickens often lay eggs like that, and even my older girls do. I'm not saying it's not some illness, but the chances that it's just stress or a odd egg are quite high, and not some horrible sickness.
Just keep an eye on her!

Are you sure she doesn't have worms or some type of parasite?
Yeah she could have still the worms that's why I was feeding them lots of cayenne pepper I have not seen the tapeworms and roundworms since this summer but I have seen like a month ago some really tiny ones wiggling around in there poop and it was at least six of my chickens that had this I'm not sure what it was I was thinking maybe Cecil worms or something like that I'm going to get them worm guard again that seemed to really work the summer

Y'all are going to scare the OP with all of that. Young chickens often lay eggs like that, and even my older girls do. I'm not saying it's not some illness, but the chances that it's just stress or a odd egg are quite high, and not some horrible sickness.
Just keep an eye on her!

I'd imagine just getting interrupted while in the shelling phase could "interrupt" the smoothness of the egg.
If I get interrupted when I'm doing something I can't usually remember where I left off either.;)

I'd imagine just getting interrupted while in the shelling phase could "interrupt" the smoothness of the egg.
If I get interrupted when I'm doing something I can't usually remember where I left off either.;)
Hmm, I dunno. It could be anything, really. With young birds its really hard to tell, y'know? A lot of the times it's just because they are new to it, and others it may be because they are lacking in calcium.
You have a interesting concept, though.

Could this help I'm worried maybe she's having symptoms from the cord I gave her the summer ever since I gave her corid her eggs started looking pale and not as green she used to have really shiny Green Eggs and now they're pale ever since the corid
20191105_122535.jpg
could she have a vitamin deficiency

Hmm, I dunno. It could be anything, really. With young birds its really hard to tell, y'know? A lot of the times it's just because they are new to it, and others it may be because they are lacking in calcium.
You have a interesting concept, though.
Well she's really not that young she's over a year old maybe a year-and-a-half

Back
Top Bottom