Is there such a thing as a Barred rocks that is solid black ?

Quote:
only JG have yellow foot soles
wink.png

Not true. My black rocks tend to have solid legs with yellow soles. Its a difficult color to work with, I have only had one black rock roo with solid yellow legs, and unfortunately I lost him. The rest have dark legs with yellow soles.

Well they SHOUlD have yellow legs right?

Agreed with Halo..problem is when people make comments like the "only one" they are not even aware of the more uncommon colors within a breed.
Barred is only a color pattern..the breed in question is Plymouth Rock they come in many colors including solid black..and as Halo stated black and blue often don't have yellow legs but do have yellow feet

Ok how many hatchery/feed stores have black Plymouth rocks? Not many if that. How many have austrlorps or JG? Almost all.

Quote:
Not true. My black rocks tend to have solid legs with yellow soles. Its a difficult color to work with, I have only had one black rock roo with solid yellow legs, and unfortunately I lost him. The rest have dark legs with yellow soles.

Well they SHOUlD have yellow legs right?

Correct Black Plymouth Rocks should have Yellow to Dusty Yellow legs with Yellow soles.

Chris

Quote:
Or yellow bottoms, hatchery chickens to do not conform to breed standards.

The, "Australorps" with Yellow soles are a result of the hatcheries crossing them with a Black Jersey Giant.

Chris

Quote:
Australorps fade from black to chocolate, just like Barred rocks fade from black and white to brown and tan.

I had both Barred Rocks and Australorps (from breeders) and never had a one fade from Black to, "Chocolate" (Brown).

Chris

So, if the black pair are barred rocks would they still produce some actual barred rock chicks? Or do black BR's breed true?

Happy New Year,
Joe

Quote:
If they are black, then they are not barred rocks. Barred is the color, just like black, white, buff, etc. As someone already said, the breed is Plymouth Rock. Barred or Black would be the color of the variety of Plymouth Rock.

Back
Top Bottom