Is there such a thing of a quiet breed geese?

Thats the good in the louder ones. they make great watchdogs.
These used to be my guards. I used to have these for a while, At the beginning of the year I sold them to a friend. They are Paradise shelducks.Very similar to geese. They are loud. Make cool sounds .also. But if you went in the pen the boy (not the white head )would hurt you...litterly.By hitting you with the front of his wings. I got bruised many times.It sucked.And during breeding season, lets just say it took two people and a shield! When I first got them my wife hated them. But she was sad when I got rid of them because they would always let us know if someone or something came into our yard by them sounding off. Meanest bird I ever had.Although I havent kept the cape barren geese.Not that I want to because of their temperment as well. Although I do think they are beautiful and unique birds.

Thats the good in the louder ones. they make great watchdogs.
These used to be my guards. I used to have these for a while, At the beginning of the year I sold them to a friend. They are Paradise shelducks.Very similar to geese. They are loud. Make cool sounds .also. But if you went in the pen the boy (not the white head )would hurt you...litterly.By hitting you with the front of his wings. I got bruised many times.It sucked.And during breeding season, lets just say it took two people and a shield! When I first got them my wife hated them. But she was sad when I got rid of them because they would always let us know if someone or something came into our yard by them sounding off. Meanest bird I ever had.Although I havent kept the cape barren geese.Not that I want to because of their temperment as well. Although I do think they are beautiful and unique birds.

yuckyuck.gif
Two people and a shield....somehow I can picture that. Brings to mind my husband and I trying to capture day old guinea keets one of my hens had hatched in the horse pasture last spring: 2 people trying to catch 19 keets while 3 adult guineas attacked from both air and ground: Would have been a YouTube sensation for sure

Back
Top Bottom