Is this a Astralorp Chicken?

Zwalker16

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2019
Got this from a guy and told me it was a Astralorp. He also said it was a hen but I am pretty sure it's a cock. Let me know what y'all think

Attachments

• 20190629_122643.jpg
    20190629_122643.jpg
    653.9 KB · Views: 16
Definitely a male. Not sure about being a blue Australorp or not though. :hmm
The bottoms of the feet are correct for Australorp.

Does he have ANY tail? Poor dude looks rumpless.

Got this from a guy and told me it was a Astralorp. He also said it was a hen but I am pretty sure it's a cock. Let me know what y'all think
Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

What is the age supposed to be?

Looks like a cockerel to me, I see pointy saddles...
upload_2019-6-29_11-16-43.jpeg

It has the correct comb type and lobe color for Australorp, not sure about the number of points. I do believe they are available in blue.. which would make splash not that far fetched which is what this boy looks like to me...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/albums/roosters-blue-and-splash-australorps.7293240/

And yes, we want to get a look at his rump, cuz he's either had his tail pulled out or battling some parasites. Checking after dark with a flashlight will give you the clearest picture. Parting feathers below vent and on abdomen and look for creepies crawling away.

I mean he looks pretty beat up... so it isn't inconceivable that he was being mounted by another boy. :confused: But I think it's pretty hard not to tell when you are raising them, IF you have ANY chicken experience at all. :hmm

Are ya planning to keep him? Call them?

He will pretty up once he recovers. :love

Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

What is the age supposed to be?

Looks like a cockerel to me, I see pointy saddles...
View attachment 1829430

It has the correct comb type and lobe color for Australorp, not sure about the number of points. I do believe they are available in blue.. which would make splash not that far fetched which is what this boy looks like to me...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/albums/roosters-blue-and-splash-australorps.7293240/

And yes, we want to get a look at his rump, cuz he's either had his tail pulled out or battling some parasites. Checking after dark with a flashlight will give you the clearest picture. Parting feathers below vent and on abdomen and look for creepies crawling away.

I mean he looks pretty beat up... so it isn't inconceivable that he was being mounted by another boy. :confused: But I think it's pretty hard not to tell when you are raising them, IF you have ANY chicken experience at all. :hmm

Are ya planning to keep him? Call them?

He will pretty up once he recovers. :love

He was picked on majorly..he has tail feathers as you can see them growing back but only about a inch long right now.

Back
Top Bottom