Pullets & Breeds?

Moodleroni

Songster
Apr 23, 2023
Arizona
My Coop
My Coop
They are 6-7 weeks old now & I'm pretty sure they're all pullets but feel free to correct me. Also, what breeds do you guys think I have? Honey & Sesame have some weird hairdos happening so I dunno:
20230509_171952_exported_39858~2.jpg

Parmesan ^ (supposedly white leghorn)
20230509_171952_exported_32399~2.jpg

Honey ^ (supposedly Americauna)
20230509_171952_exported_97650~2.jpg

Teriyaki ^ (supposedly Americauna)
20230509_171952_exported_80493~2.jpg

Sesame ^ sporting a mullet (supposedly Americauna)
20230509_171952_exported_74745~2.jpg

Ginger ^ with her mohawk (supposedly a Welsummer, my other 'Welsummer' never has a mohawk)
20230509_171952_exported_65176~2.jpg

Fajita ^ (supposedly Black Astralorp)

Excited to hear what you guys think!

Breeds:
Parmesan ^ (supposedly white leghorn)
Probably correct.
Honey ^ (supposedly Americauna)
Easter Egger, although hatcheries often label them as "Americauna."
Possibly an Olive Egger (supposed to lay darker green eggs than most Easter Eggers.)

The breed Ameraucana (note the slight spelling difference) would not have any crest at all on the head, and would have slate legs instead of the green/willow in the photo.

Teriyaki ^ (supposedly Americauna)
Sesame ^ sporting a mullet (supposedly Americauna)
Two more Easter Eggers (or maybe Olive Eggers.)

Ginger ^ with her mohawk (supposedly a Welsummer, my other 'Welsummer' never has a mohawk)
Definitely not a Welsummer, because Welsummers do not have crests.
Might be a Cream Legbar, but is more likely to be an Easter Egger or Olive Egger with some Cream Legbar ancestors.

Fajita ^ (supposedly Black Astralorp)
Looks right to me (although I occasionally mix up one black breed with another, so I'm not 100% certain here.) Black Australorps should have white soles on the feet, while Black Jersey Giants should have yellow soles on the feet. Those are the two black breeds that seem to get mixed up most often.

Breeds:

Probably correct.

Easter Egger, although hatcheries often label them as "Americauna."
Possibly an Olive Egger (supposed to lay darker green eggs than most Easter Eggers.)

The breed Ameraucana (note the slight spelling difference) would not have any crest at all on the head, and would have slate legs instead of the green/willow in the photo.

Two more Easter Eggers (or maybe Olive Eggers.)

Definitely not a Welsummer, because Welsummers do not have crests.
Might be a Cream Legbar, but is more likely to be an Easter Egger or Olive Egger with some Cream Legbar ancestors.

Looks right to me (although I occasionally mix up one black breed with another, so I'm not 100% certain here.) Black Australorps should have white soles on the feet, while Black Jersey Giants should have yellow soles on the feet. Those are the two black breeds that seem to get mixed up most often.
Agree on all of this except for the Australorp. Her eyes should be solid black/dark and her head shape seems like she could have Marans in her background. Or, could be a 'hatchery Australorp' and she has little variances from the SOP.

Regardless, they're a bunch of pretty, healthy pullets! And Honey and Sesame will be fun to watch how they feather out at maturity- EEs can produce some really pretty color combinations.

Lots of great information thank you!
I don't think I really paid too much attention to their leg colors but yea, Honey & Sesame have willow legs and Teriyaki has slate legs. Parm & Ginger both have yellow legs.
20230510_074243_exported_43365~2.jpg

Fajita's looks like black white soles?

I'm excited to see how they feather out also! None of my other chickens have ever been 'crested' before and they have such cool markings. I thought they were just "having bad hair days" & thought crests were reserved for silkies or something lol

I'm excited to see how they feather out also! None of my other chickens have ever been 'crested' before and they have such cool markings. I thought they were just "having bad hair days" & thought crests were reserved for silkies or something lol
Cream Legbar crests are smaller than Silkie crests, and usually point backward instead of sticking straight up. Easter Eggers with crests usually have the Legbar-style crest, instead of the big poofy ones like Silkies and Polish have.

Back
Top Bottom