Is this a bantam hen or rooster?

Ariel91

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 12, 2014
Titusville Florida
Hello, I picked up some silkies about four months ago and I bought 2 (what I thought) were booted serama hens. Well they went from having the smallish serama hen comb to these bright red monster combs that flip over to the side they are so big. Now I have no idea what they are, lol. I was wondering if anyone had some insight into these 2 "girls". They are approx 8 months old. I have kept my eye out for the obvious tell (egg or crow) but they haven't had either. I want to put them in with my serama roo, but he absolutely HATE males and I don't want a fight. Thanks for your time!

Where did you get them from? And I can't fully see the tail.

They look like they could possibly be Black Langshan Bantams...or poorly bred Cochin crosses.

Does this pic help? They hate standing still. I got them at a local feed store, people dump birds in their parking lot all the time (very sad) and every once in awhile I'll pop by and rescue some.

Ok so they could be anything really then huh, hmmm I'd say they are probably Cochin crosses then. Because Langshan are from my understanding pretty hard to come by...and I doubt anyone would just dump off that rare of birds. And they are definatly not booted Seramas, the combs and tail stance are not right for them.
Sorry I'm not more help. :/

They are probably Cochin crosses.

Ok so they could be anything really then huh, hmmm I'd say they are probably Cochin crosses then. Because Langshan are from my understanding pretty hard to come by...and I doubt anyone would just dump off that rare of birds. And they are definatly not booted Seramas, the combs and tail stance are not right for them.
Sorry I'm not more help. :/

Thanks for the info, at least I have an idea of what breed they are. Any idea if they are girls or boys?

They've got awesome personalities, so I love them no matter what they are. They get along with my three silkie roos, but in my experience silkies get along with everyrhing. Lol Seramas not so much.

Back
Top Bottom