Is this a black sex link roo?!

Thank you for correcting my chick ID. I had previously only seen CM as Copper Maran. I had no idea that there was a Cuckoo Maran. As she's grown, her "barring" has gotten even less distinct while her legs have gotten lighter in color.

Thank you for correcting my chick ID. I had previously only seen CM as Copper Maran. I had no idea that there was a Cuckoo Maran. As she's grown, her "barring" has gotten even less distinct while her legs have gotten lighter in color.
That's because she is a Cuckoo Maran, not a Barred Maran. Cuckoo is messier than barring, but its actually the same gene. Just has to do with different feathering rates and stuff.

Here’s an updated pic of our black sexlink cockerel (he was supposed to be a black sexlink pullet) ! The hatchery that our local feedstore bought from definitely let this little guy through when sexing the chicks. We are definitely keeping him and he is so so good to the ladies he’s with.

Attachments

• 388B0E16-5464-4614-BABA-C5B06E332FE3.jpeg
    388B0E16-5464-4614-BABA-C5B06E332FE3.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 21
Here’s an updated pic of our black sexlink cockerel (he was supposed to be a black sexlink pullet) ! The hatchery that our local feedstore bought from definitely let this little guy through when sexing the chicks. We are definitely keeping him and he is so so good to the ladies he’s with.
Yes very likely a black sex link roo. Black sex links are created using barred hen. This creates barred cockerals.

Hmmm… I’m not sure. I am assuming he is a cockerel bc he has the super red and large waddles at 8 weeks compared to all my other sexlink hens. He was in the bin at the feedstore with the black sexlinks, and while they all were solid black, he had a tiny white spot on the back of his head which is found on male black sexlinks.

This is the other black sexlink we got from the same bin.

Attachments

• 6834DDA3-E799-4F32-9C3E-FBF8FE1AFC0A.jpeg
    6834DDA3-E799-4F32-9C3E-FBF8FE1AFC0A.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 21

Back
Top Bottom