Is this a blood ring?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lsv313, May 5, 2011.

1. lsv313

lsv313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2010
    Everett, WA
    [​IMG]

I know it's not the best picture. There are some veins around the circle, but you can't seem them in the pic. This is the 11th day of setting on duck eggs, although they've seemed a few days behind in the candling. Last night they looked like day 7's.

2. kickenChickens

kickenChickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2011
    Augusta
    I see vessels.... Looks good to me!

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

NO!!!! It is a viable chicken. I blood ring i quite obvious - the is a ring around the egg with only clear above and below it. THAT is a chick.

4. lsv313

Jul 23, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Yay! That is very good news! This is my first hatch, and out of 4 eggs, two went bad, and then the two left looked like this tonight. I was beginning to think I lost them all! I do wonder though - I don't know how well you can tell in the picture - but I couldn't see a clear embryo in the middle? Yesterday I thought I could, and other pictures I've seen seem to have one. Does that change things? Or could it just be buried or not as visible tonight somehow? This is stressful! [​IMG]

5. kickenChickens

kickenChickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2011
    Augusta
    sometimes you see it sometimes you don't. Just don't stress, check again at day 14 or so. Things will work out fine in the end. [​IMG]

6. ginormous chicken

ginormous chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2011
    Elverta, California
    No!!! That is a viable egg!

7. lsv313

Jul 23, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Thank you, everyone, you were right! I recandled tonight and both eggs looked similar, but in one I saw the embryo moving around inside! Amazing!!! [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I am so glad to read that you found out it was ok!!!! I saw a perfectly viable chick in there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by