Is this a blue or a black cochin? PICTURES included.

I have to find the cord to my camera - battery is dead
roll.png

Here is one I took not long ago of a black mottled. The black is very dark and the blues are on the lighter side, almost like a dusty lighter black.
16353_critters_044.jpg

The giveaway is the vivid contrast between the black and yellow on black cochins.
Also, on blacks the area under the eyes is black, blues don't have this.

WOW great pics you guys! Now I'm searching for black under the eyes LOL Yes, mine in my avatar also had the black under the eye and she was back.
big_smile.png
I never knew this about cochins. Thanks!

Huh. I do notice a little black on the bottom eyelid and along the side of the eye. Could this mean black? Nothing really under the eye...that is mostly yellow.

You know now that you posted those last pics they look alot like my black cochin did..more white then yellow on the stomach. Possibly maybe I will end up with some blues after all
wink.png
I hope! Maybe dark blues. Or I can pretend they are dark blues if they are not
lau.gif

BTW...those are REALLY cute chicks
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Crud, I still can't tell.
sad.png
I'm sorry!
sad.png
I do hope you end up with some blues. I have some even now that I am having a hard time telling if they are dark blues or blacks. *sigh* I know the majority are black, though (and cockerels *sigh* 7 out of 13
hmm.png
) Anybody in western nc want some lovely cockerels?
lau.gif

they look like my guy that I just got rid of (too many roos), he ended up dark blue....can't post pics cuz my other puter died and all my chick pics were on it
hit.gif

That would be cool if I even got one blue at least. The weird thing is their feet feathers are coming in pretty light...some whitish looking and some grey. Don't see any black yet. If I remember right my black cochin's feet feathers come in black right away. I may get lucky but time will tell I guess. I torture the poor things searching for some sign of BLUE
lau.gif

One thing...they all seem to be keeping REALLY small combs. Wouldn't it be funny if I ended up with four girls! I would
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom