Is this a Buff or something else...?

Landerpants

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2017
Boise, ID
We recently bought 4 "female" ducks from a guy on Craigslist- 2 buff and 2 fawn runners. The 2 buff I am not convinced are buff. They were sold to me as 3 month old females. As far as bill and feather coloring go, they appear female to me, but one of them appears to be getting a drake feather- that or bed head... again, feathering and bill colors are the same

So- are these buff, and are either or both male???

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_1756.JPG
    IMG_1756.JPG
    540 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1757.JPG
    IMG_1757.JPG
    515.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1760.JPG
    IMG_1760.JPG
    678.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1761.JPG
    IMG_1761.JPG
    690.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1762.JPG
    IMG_1762.JPG
    668.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1763.JPG
    IMG_1763.JPG
    610.9 KB · Views: 11
Thosecertentally look buff.And, Unfortentally, It a looks like ALL of the four ducks are indeed drakes...
Eesh. How can you tell?! The runners especially. What are the features that identify them as male to you? I thought the orange vs yellow/green bill meant duck rather than drake.

Thanks!

Buff would be a Drake if getting darker grey head and white collar...Raspy voice ...Pictures are hard to really tell?..
I've had a really hard time telling with the quacks. I have a handful I know for sure are gals, and I've watched videos online with quacks. Seems like voices are pretty different from breed to. Rees and I'm not good at picking out the rasp. These buffs just chatter a lot, waddling around with the "work work work" vocalization all the time. Would different pics help with identifying? Or a video of them talking?

Thanks so much I really, really your time.

Back
Top Bottom