Is this a golden buff or Golden comet

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by dischicshadit, Oct 27, 2014.

1. dischicshadit

dischicshadit New Egg

Oct 23, 2014
    I was told golden buff but pictures on google don't match but golden comet ones do. Please help I don't want to say the wrong thing. Doesn't matter to me we love our Ms Gerty no matter what she is :)[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Toe-may-toe/Toe-mah-toe -- both are names under which red sex-links are sold.

2 people like this.
  3. DianaMallory

DianaMallory Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Lancaster Ohio
    I have always had comets, and they have always came with many different names. This time around I got 4 golden buffs, when I ordered comets the sales clerks said you mean golden buffs? I have heard them called Buffs, red stars, comets and there is many more but can't remember them. So I guess the answer to your question is yes you have a golden buff.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. farnorth

farnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2013
    Upper Michigan
    Gold Buff, Gold Comet, Gold Star, Red Star, Red Sex Link, all are names for a cross bred chicken that is sexable at birth and produced by cross breeding red chickens with white chickens. Not all are the same cross of breeds but still pretty much end up looking the same....all are really good layers. And to make it more confusing now some places are calling them ASA Browns......

1 person likes this.
  5. dischicshadit

dischicshadit New Egg

Oct 23, 2014
    I am showing I have two unread posts, I've read them, how do I get them to say read?

6. DianaMallory

DianaMallory Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Lancaster Ohio
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by