Is this a good incubator?

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
I got an incubator for my birthday this year, I was hoping for the nuture right 360, but I got a different one instead. It is called the Little giant deluxe incubator. I haven't looked at it yet, but I am wondering if any of you have had good luck and success with it. I and really excited to incubate and down want to take it back. I am a bit disappointed it is made of styrofoam but not that big of a deal! Thanks for any info! Here is a link https://www.circlecsupply.com/littl...j8LE3G4B852pIUBC72ndFGQeCnrz7PmBoCbLUQAvD_BwE

I got an incubator for my birthday this year, I was hoping for the nuture right 360, but I got a different one instead. It is called the Little giant deluxe incubator. I haven't looked at it yet, but I am wondering if any of you have had good luck and success with it. I and really excited to incubate and down want to take it back. I am a bit disappointed it is made of styrofoam but not that big of a deal! Thanks for any info! Here is a link https://www.circlecsupply.com/littl...j8LE3G4B852pIUBC72ndFGQeCnrz7PmBoCbLUQAvD_BwE
Congrats! I've heard decent things about them. I've never used them before though. @FortCluck uses styrofoam incubators, maybe she has experience with them.

Congrats! I've heard decent things about them. I've never used them before though. @FortCluck uses styrofoam incubators, maybe she has experience with them.
Thank you! I really want a good, suitable incubator for my first hatch! I down want any flaws, or emergencies. I will need a tutorial on how to use it and get a successful hatch as well, but will look at the manual too to see what it says!

Thank you! I really want a good, suitable incubator for my first hatch! I down want any flaws, or emergencies. I will need a tutorial on how to use it and get a successful hatch as well, but will look at the manual too to see what it says!
Yup! Yeah, set it up and play around with it. Make sure you use calibrated thermometers and salt tested hydrometers to test it. Is it forced air (fan)?

Yes, we use this incubated and have hatched many eggs. We hand turn them but the turner would help. If you don't use it I would raise the temp a little because it is meant for the turner.

Yes, it has a fan, I was planning on getting the thermometers to tis tit to, so I will do that!
Sounds good! Forced air is nice, there aren't as many hot and cold spots. You'll want to keep it really clean, foam can be tough to clean if it gets dirty.

Yes, we use this incubated and have hatched many eggs. We hand turn them but the turner would help. If you don't use it I would raise the temp a little because it is meant for the turner.
I do want to use the turner, afraid I would mess up turn gin them and something would go wrong. Is the turner reliable? Wouldn't want it to fail and mess up that way either!

I do want to use the turner, afraid I would mess up turn gin them and something would go wrong. Is the turner reliable? Wouldn't want it to fail and mess up that way either!
I don't know. We did not buy it because it cost more. I'm guessing it would work but I feel like it would be more work I don't know how you would hook it up to everything and if something happened to the turner for example it stopped, turned too much, too little then the eggs would most likely not survive. And on lockdown, you would have to remove it and take it out to let the eggs hatch. I also think the turner is meant for chicken eggs so I don't think you would be able to use it for different size eggs.

Back
Top Bottom