Is this a hen or rooster?

Tatootles

Chirping
Apr 2, 2023
Hi everyone! I’m here because I wanted to know if this was a boy or a girl? He/she is about 6 almost 7 weeks old. It’s a very sweet bird, very lovable and docile, but I’m hoping it’s not a rooster because I already have a couple already. I think it’s a Silkie/frizzle mix (a silky, sizzle frizzle) any advice or comments would be appreciated, thank you!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 12
Looking like a pullet so far. The comb is small and pale. That is the #1 thing we judge by.
That’s what I usually judge too, but isn’t the bird, a little young for his comb to turn different colors? Usually my roosters combs start turning red after 2-4 months. So I guess I’m wondering if it’s a little early for his/her comb to be turning red?

That’s what I usually judge too, but isn’t the bird, a little young for his comb to turn different colors? Usually my roosters combs start turning red after 2-4 months. So I guess I’m wondering if it’s a little early for his/her comb to be turning red?
Most cockerels show themselves by 8 weeks. Most get combs by 6 weeks

Some can show quite early, especially bantams. I'm pretty certain yours is a pullet. If you didn't state that it was a mix I would've guessed it was a white Cochin bantam.

Back
Top Bottom