Is this a Light Brahma??

chick_weed

Hatching
9 Years
Mar 26, 2010
I had picked out my girls from a bin at the feed store late March 2010. As they grew, I thought I had properly identified 2 of them as silver-laced Cochins - I am sure I must have found photos of similar looking pullets. However, I was looking at things this evening and came across photos of Light Brahmas that could be my girls' twin! This is my first year with having chickens, so obviously I am not quite up on all the variations within the breeds. Both of my girls, Angel Allabeena and Zig, have similar coloring, but are different in body type, Zig (in the photo) is stockier, Allabeena is thinner/longer through the body. They have feathered legs (sorry that is not visible in the photo!)
Anyone? I appreciate any feedback!

(They were originally from McMurray. My other 4 are RIR, 3 of which are pictured here. The feed store had gotten 25 RIR and 25 mix & match.)

52222_100_5017.jpg

Last edited:
yes it is . It looks like it has a little more black on its back due to it molting and the feathers comeing back in. My hens look the same after molt.

Yep, and a pretty good one for being a hatchery Brahma - Especially for being from Murray McMurray.
smile.png

Thanks! She has always been dark on her back - she only just started molting (mainly her bum fluff) about 3 weeks ago. She is my favorite pullet, such a sweetie...when she wants to be!
smile.png

This is my other - Allabeena - with Mopley (RIR)

52222_mopsandallabeena.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom