Is this a man thing? Or just my hubby's thing?...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mylittlechickpea, Nov 30, 2010.

1. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    So I made some cookies tonight. The most delicious sugar cookies in history of sugar cookies, just in case anyone was wondering what they were.. [​IMG] Anyways, I went to go see the hubs at work tonight, he asked me to bring him a fresh blanket and pillow case because he has to stay overnight. Well I brought some cookies, too. To share, you know, with all the other boys that have duty tonight too. He looks at me, kind of panicked... And asked, "Can you save those for us?" Hmm.... What makes him think if I bring cookies to work, that there wouldn't also be a plate waiting for him when he gets home? Or maybe he just doesn't the other boys at work and doesn't think they are worthy of baked goods? Am I embarrassing? Like when mom's bring weird stuff to share at parties.. [​IMG]

2. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    Quote:LMAO [​IMG]

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Must have known they were good. Us guys don't like to share our goodies.

4. Dawsonhall

Dawsonhall Pleasant Hill Chicken Ranch

Oct 30, 2009
    Pleasant Hill CA
    Could be he REALLY likes your cookies and is afraid that out of the whole batch he'll only get a couple.

5. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

My hubby always gets upset to see his homemade cookies going to someone else, even though he gets as many as he wants! [​IMG] He just loves cookies and wants them all for himself [​IMG] Our grandchildren fondly call him the cookie monster [​IMG] Just take your husbands actions as a compliment [​IMG]

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I don't like to share my goodies either.

My wife used to make a big dinner and bring it up to work for our "date" night once a week during the busy season. Right down to the china and cloth napkins. My crew was always ribbing me about the "date" night... but working 16s made home life kind of tight.. Then after a while my wife started bringing a little more and a little more, and pretty soon "date" night turned into my wife being a catering service. I put an end to it and we did it every other week, but she'd bring goodies for the guys n gals once in a while.

Kinda killed our privacy lol.

So I totally get this.

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    My DH does that over my deviled eggs. I usually take them for every holiday gathering. He HAS to eat several before we leave, just in case by the time he gets to them in the food line, they're gone.

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    my husband always wants my home good baking cookies to stay home. that way he doesnt have to share. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Quote:LMAO [​IMG]

lol
    [​IMG] mylittlechickpea, you are so funny and cute! LOL i love BYC so much, everyones posts are so great! I wouldnt worry to much about the hubby, they do all sorts of funny things that we can not explain, kind of like our chickens i guess? my friend used to have a saying that has helped me when my DH makes me want to [​IMG] - "women are crazy and men are stupid" no offense guys or girls, just think its kind of funny and some times it helps me - as women we tend to try to read to deeply into things that our DH's say or do when who really knows! [​IMG] goodluck and aloha

10. pookiegoldman

pookiegoldman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    Grand Isle, Louisiana
    I don't like to share either. I can relate.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by