Is this a polish? Why is she grey?

CascadiaRiver

Songster
9 Years
Dec 12, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Long story short we ended up getting some chicks from Wilco, and the two in question were called "Frizzle Bantam Assorted" and "Crested Assorted" I picked out the smallest polish in hopes that is she is a standard size shes a tad smaller, and a red frizzle because they're adorable :)

It's about a week or so later, the red frizzle has black coming on her wings, does anyone know this colour? I don't think shes a partridge but I dont really know any other colours in bantam cochins. And sorry I couldn't get a better picture, we haven't tamed the babies yet and theyre under two broodies so they dont really know or like us yet. But you can see the red and dark brown/black on her wings here:

Now to the star of the show, Magnolia. She was solid white with a single black fluff (just ONE baby fluff, not a spot of them a singular) on her tail and a greyish back. I assumed since she was white with a grey back "maybe shes a splash" but now shes getting SOLID grey on her shoulders.

Is she a lavender? Why is she grey? Has anyone else seen this colour before? Is she even a polish or another crested breed?

A side shot might help to be able to see more. She could be a splash as she's definitely getting some blue in.

They're way to fast to get pictures of, the only way I got these is because they were distracted, do splashes first come in as a grey colour?? My splash cochin came is as white and a little bit of grey and has gotten more as she got older.

I haven't had a splash polish, I'm just guessing it may be a splash white crested blue. Splash do tend to be lighter in color than slowly color up. It will be interesting to see how it turns out, as I haven't seen that color in a polish chick.

Back
Top Bottom