Is this a quitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Happster

Happs
Apr 5, 2020
Cloud Nine
Ok so it's day 5 and I've just been out to see if my three eggs are viable. Not much to see, except one of the eggs has gone very dark. Too dark. It shouldn't be this dark on day 4-5 surely. There is a line separating the darkness from the other part of the egg. Lengthways. I'm sure this is dead but I will leave it a bit longer until I hear what anyone else has to say. I am not using an incubator, my hen has kindly offered to do the honours.
I'll try to get a pic tomorrow.

A picture will be helpful. Day 5 you should be seeing a dark shadow (maybe moving, maybe with a visible eye) surrounded by blood vessels.

I see the yolk in the other two. I'm not using a very good light, but I have in the past been able to candle no problem. This has actually happened before, and the ones with this never hatched. Thanks for your reply.

Was looking for photos of other people's candling and I can't find anything like this. However I did notice something someone said about the yolk breaking...that would fit how it looks alright, but how it would have happened I don't know.

Apologies for the terrible photo quality.
My phone couldn't pick it up very well, and I'm using a torch that isn't very powerful.
The first picture is one of the other eggs that looks about right? Although I haven't seen the spidery veins yet.
The second, if it comes up, is the one that is too dark. This is day 6 btw.

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_223205.jpg
    IMG_20200530_223205.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200530_223106.jpg
    IMG_20200530_223106.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom