Is this a Sebright?

chickenlover22345

The enthusiast that likes fish and chooks
Aug 31, 2023
Perth, Australia
Sorry for the low quality image, but this was taken at Caversham Wildlife Park today. Is this chicken really a Sebright? The wildlife park claimed they had the breed in their stockbook. The chicken has a mulberry comb and wattles and yellow earlobes. The body is similar to a Sebright (I didn't take the full body shot) and has the normal lacing. Is it this breed or another breed of chicken?

Attachments

• IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    886.2 KB · Views: 36
I agree, looks like my Sebright hens. Mulberry is correct, they do seem to redden up right at lay.. this is my sebright hens most recent clutch, 2 are her eggs ( but unknown rooster and she stole a blue egg and hatched one) her comb is dull after sitting on the clutch and they are about 9 weeks here ( she typically stays with a clutch full time until 10 weeks, a week of nights only then sets them free)
20230817_215431.jpg

I agree, looks like my Sebright hens. Mulberry is correct, they do seem to redden up right at lay.. this is my sebright hens most recent clutch, 2 are her eggs ( but unknown rooster and she stole a blue egg and hatched one) her comb is dull after sitting on the clutch and they are about 9 weeks here ( she typically stays with a clutch full time until 10 weeks, a week of nights only then sets them free)View attachment 3650926
My hens have fully mulberry comb, and that blue egg chick seems like a legbar cockerel. Also I think you have a pure sebright cockerel in the middle and a male mix on the left.

Back
Top Bottom