Is this a snake hole or mouse hole?

could be a , skunk or coon, as they all dig, thats to big to be a mouse hole but if ya don't get it out won't end good, and then ya need to fill it in as snakes will move into it

I went out today and saw this hole at my chicken coop..I don't remember seeing it before today though...its burrowed underneath...any ideas? Also if it is a snake can i buy a mouse glue board to leave at the outside hole to catch the snake/mouse? Thanks.

I think it is a chipmunk hole. I have some that look the same ( in my garden) and I saw a chipmunk run out of my garden, plus something has been helping itself to some of my produce. I could be wrong though. Let us know if you figure it out.

Got them all around my run, im going with chipmunk hole too. :)
I think it is a chipmunk hole. I have some that look the same ( in my garden) and I saw a chipmunk run out of my garden, plus something has been helping itself to some of my produce. I could be wrong though. Let us know if you figure it out.

I went out today and saw this hole at my chicken coop..I don't remember seeing it before today though...its burrowed underneath...any ideas? Also if it is a snake can i buy a mouse glue board to leave at the outside hole to catch the snake/mouse? Thanks.
Is that 1/4" or 1/2" HC? No matter what dug that hole, others will use it.

They look like rodent burrows. If you install a predator apron, that will put an end to it.
Ditto Dat!!

Good examples of anti-dig apron installation.
If rodents are prolific, burying the apron ~12" would be good.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wire-around-coop.1110498/#post-17093528
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/new-coop-project.1169916/page-2#post-18481208

When large holes like that suddenly show up around a chicken house, the most likely culprits to be considered are rats.

Aprons work against digging varmints like coons, foxes, etc, but no buried fence or dig apron is going to work against rats. They will tunnel under it from afar.

If you have rats, you have your work cut out for you.

Back
Top Bottom