Is this angelw wing?

nfrost

Chirping
8 Years
May 1, 2011
These look like there growing weird but it seems as if he is almost to lazy to put that part of his wing under the other as u see when i hold hte wing it doesnt seem to be growing in a weird direction does it?

89771_100media_imag0134.jpg

89771_100media_imag0133.jpg

89771_100media_imag0132.jpg

Idk i have seen pictures and it looks like them, but his feathers arent growing at a weird angle it seems like he is to lazy or there to haevy to tuck underneath his wing.

Well, when you say that the wing tip seems too heavy for the bird to tuck under/fold under in the normal manner, well, essentially, that is what angel wing is -- the tendons are too weak to support the weight of the developing feathers.

The best way I have found to fix it fast is to lower the protein in their diets and give TONS of deep green veggies-Shredded broccoli spears is a great one!!! peas-dark romaine leaves etc...You caught it early so it should be real quick when it fixes itself-Mine always fixed themselves within a week after I noticed it happening

So i took the chick starter away ( rather put it up so the chicks can reach it not the geese ) They cant eat at night and there gonna be on strickly greens during the day and no food at night will it fix itself than?

I wouldnt restrict it from feed. Feed layer pellets or mash with the greens. It will fix itself but just keep the high protein feed away for right now.

Back
Top Bottom