Is this angelw wing?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by nfrost, Jun 12, 2011.

1. nfrost

nfrost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    These look like there growing weird but it seems as if he is almost to lazy to put that part of his wing under the other as u see when i hold hte wing it doesnt seem to be growing in a weird direction does it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    It seems like it!

3. nfrost

May 1, 2011
    Idk i have seen pictures and it looks like them, but his feathers arent growing at a weird angle it seems like he is to lazy or there to haevy to tuck underneath his wing.

4. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Well, when you say that the wing tip seems too heavy for the bird to tuck under/fold under in the normal manner, well, essentially, that is what angel wing is -- the tendons are too weak to support the weight of the developing feathers.

5. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    name it Droopy [​IMG]

6. Dr. Todd

Dr. Todd Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, it's angel wing. Fix it up ASAP.

Great comments everyone!! [​IMG]

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    The best way I have found to fix it fast is to lower the protein in their diets and give TONS of deep green veggies-Shredded broccoli spears is a great one!!! peas-dark romaine leaves etc...You caught it early so it should be real quick when it fixes itself-Mine always fixed themselves within a week after I noticed it happening

8. nfrost

May 1, 2011
    So i took the chick starter away ( rather put it up so the chicks can reach it not the geese ) They cant eat at night and there gonna be on strickly greens during the day and no food at night will it fix itself than?

9. nfrost

May 1, 2011
    will it fix itself or do i have to wrap it up?

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I wouldnt restrict it from feed. Feed layer pellets or mash with the greens. It will fix itself but just keep the high protein feed away for right now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by