Is This Brahma A Hen Or Roo?

jason9111

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Okay, just picked this Brahma up today, obviously the one up front in the pics, and wondering if it appears to be a hen or rooster? The gentleman I got her from said he was uncertain and it was a little hard to tell with the Brahmas. I got a a golden laced wyandotte from him last year around the same time and posted the pic on here. He said it was a hen and he was certain. You chicken experts on here overwhelmingly said it appeared to be a roo and you were right. A few weeks after the post, he started crowing. I am hoping this one is a girl cause I can't have any roosters here for the neighbors. Also, any idea on the age, he says about 12 weeks or so. Thanks and help is appreciated.

55485_666351446_2382599129_0.jpg

55485_666350650_2382596235_0.jpg

Ummm, that appears to be an awful lot of comb for a Brahma pullet. Can you get a couple of side shots and maybe a closer shot of the head and comb?

Wow, that brahma sure is skinny looking. I wonder if it's a mix. I'd say a boy too, but I'm not positive.

Do you have a close up picture of the comb? It looks like Rose comb and not a Pea Comb.
I don't think that is a Brahma or at least not a pure Brahma.

Chris

Okay, just going to find her (him) a new home. Last time I sent out the pics, you all were right and I got really close and attached and had to get rid of him, so better now than later. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom