Bumblefoot007.jpg

Bumblefoot006.jpg

Bumblefoot005.jpg

Bumblefoot004.jpg

Bumblefoot003.jpg

Bumblefoot002.jpg

Bumblefoot001.jpg

Bumblefoot008.jpg

I know they aren't all on the foot, but a search found someone else with a similar problem.

They look like scabs to me. Do you have a rooster? Or she could have just got into a spat with another girl. Is she acting ok? She looks pretty healthy to me.

More info. No rooster. She can't hardly walk. (I'll try for some video.) A spat is a possibility, I suppose. I currently have her quarantined. I think her eggs have been lighter colored and smaller than usual, but she may have just started laying.

If you pinch her toes does she react? It looks like that leg is weak and the way the toes are curled looks like a neurological issue. Do you see any injury to the leg? Did it start suddenly or gradually progress?

Most like she has jumped down from a from a high roost or other high location and injured her leg/thigh, possibly spraining a tendon or ligament. I recommend that you put her in a cage or crate for rest and relaxation to prevent further injury, she doesnt need to be walking around etc. Provide her with food and water while caged. These types of injuries take time to heal. Sometimes it can take a week, a month, a few months or never. You can purchase vitamin B complex at a pharmacy and crush 1 tablet and put the pieces in a small piece of bread for her to eat, do this once a day for 5 days. The vitamin B complex may or may not speed up the healing process. Remove her from the cage the 5th day and see if she can walk, if not, return her into the cage and continue vitamin B complex daily treaments for one week, then stop. Remove her from the cage and see if she can walk. If not, do not give her anymore vitamin B complex. She'll have to remain caged til the injury slowly heals. It will require time and patience on your part caring for her ensuring there's food/water available as well as keeping the cage clean as best as you can. Do not put a roost in the cage, it's best if she can sit during the whole time she's caged, no pressure on the injury, rest and relaxation.

Back
Top Bottom