Is this chick ill?

ChickPeas

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Iron Station, NC
I just brought home 10 new babies of all sorts....all of them are exhausted, but doing well.

There is one tiny little silver duckwing bantam that is much smaller than the others. He eats and drinks, but he doesn't appear to have much strength in his wings..instead of them resting at his sides like his partner, they are kind of dropping down. He also seems to be breathing a little harder than the rest.

Could there be something wrong with him? Like I said, the little guy has had some water and food, but he seems to be tired.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you!
Liz
Iron Station, NC

Last edited:
Hi, they pant sometimes if they are stressed. Is he eating/drinking on his own? I would definitely keep an eye on him (it) for a little while and make sure its getting proper hydration and nourishment. If he's smaller, he might just be weak which is causing him to be tired, otoh, possibly something could be wrong with him. I would just watch him closely

When I was watching him last night he seemed to be a little better...definitely eating and drinking and interested in my hand when I had crumbles in it to offer everyone.

THis morning they're all blobbed out asleep, but he is definitely breathing heavier than the rest.
hmm.png
I'll keep an eye on him and see how he does.

Funny..I call him a he when the guy at Tractor Supply said he was a hen!
smile.png

Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom