Is this coccidiosis?!

Jan 3, 2020
Is this coccidiosis? My hen had a sneeze, she’s gasping and being lethargic. She laid a egg today but is acting off

Attachments

• F6361207-FEB9-4D32-9008-FF47951F9A5D.jpeg
    F6361207-FEB9-4D32-9008-FF47951F9A5D.jpeg
    688.5 KB · Views: 21
That does look like normal intestinal shedding. If you see blood or more of those droppings, you could consider treating with Corid. But grown hens usually have developed resistance to coccidia in the soil.

Have you added any new birds to your flock lately who might have brought in a respiratory disease? Bubbles/foam in an eye, swelling around an eyelid, nasal drainage, noisy breathing can be signs of mycoplasma. Sneezing can be a sign of infectious bronchitis. What antibiotic have you given?

That does look like normal intestinal shedding. If you see blood or more of those droppings, you could consider treating with Corid. But grown hens usually have developed resistance to coccidia in the soil.

Have you added any new birds to your flock lately who might have brought in a respiratory disease? Bubbles/foam in an eye, swelling around an eyelid, nasal drainage, noisy breathing can be signs of mycoplasma. Sneezing can be a sign of infectious bronchitis. What antibiotic have you given?
I did add new hens. And yes they brought respiratory infection with them. Everyone got sick sadly and I’m currently treating them. Some are worse then others but they are definitely going to pull through thank God

Back
Top Bottom