Coccidiosis question

pugspigchicks

Songster
6 Years
Apr 3, 2017
USA
I’ve never dealt with coccidiosis and I’m unclear if chickens are born with a low level in their gut or if they get it from the soil. Would 3 week old indoor chicks in a clean hatching time brooder(has poop tray) get coccidiosis)? I have one acting lethargic and eating less and I’m trying to narrow down possibilities. They are in strict quarantine with no flock or outdoor exposure. Thanks and happy 4th.

I’ve never dealt with coccidiosis and I’m unclear if chickens are born with a low level in their gut or if they get it from the soil. Would 3 week old indoor chicks in a clean hatching time brooder(has poop tray) get coccidiosis)? I have one acting lethargic and eating less and I’m trying to narrow down possibilities. They are in strict quarantine with no flock or outdoor exposure. Thanks and happy 4th.
what does their poop look like. I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I know it can be carried in on clothes.

what does their poop look like. I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I know it can be carried in on clothes.
Hi Rose, the one that is lethargic has watery poop but she’s also drinking more than eating so that could explain that as well. No blood which I know doesn’t occur with all strains.

I don’t think She’s hot. Temp is actually room air which is 77 right now upstairs. They are almost 4 weeks. The brooder has a light as well as a heater (heater is off). The light gives extra warmth on one side. Other chicks are acting normal.

Back
Top Bottom