Is this Coccidiosis?

If she feels like free-ranging, there may not be anything wrong with her. If she's moving about freely, interested in flock activity, is eating and drinking, pooping normal poop, there may not be anything troubling her.

Saying, "My chicken won't let me" is silly. Like saying a toddler won't let you. You overrule them. Pry open the beak and slip the pill inside, close the beak and it will magically disappear. Putting the pill in the water is not going to get any results, it's so diluted.

If she feels like free-ranging, there may not be anything wrong with her. If she's moving about freely, interested in flock activity, is eating and drinking, pooping normal poop, there may not be anything troubling her.

Saying, "My chicken won't let me" is silly. Like saying a toddler won't let you. You overrule them. Pry open the beak and slip the pill inside, close the beak and it will magically disappear. Putting the pill in the water is not going to get any results, it's so diluted.
Yes I know “my chicken won’t let me” is silly. I meant that when I try, it’s nearly impossible for me to get it in, she keeps moving.

I do know when she was with the other chickens, when we let them outside to free range, she literally ran outside, even though she’s wasn’t very energetic.

I keep towels handy to wrap up burrito style a chicken that is cantankerous and uncooperative. Or get someone to help you by holding the chicken so wings and feet are confined. I almost never have anyone to help me, so the towel trick really comes in handy. If I have a real fighter, I add an elastic bandage like an Ace around the towel to really immobilize the tyrant. Remember, you're a large life form and you're dealing with a small life form. You have your dignity and reputation to uphold. What if it gets out that your chicken bested you in a struggle over a silly pill?

Back
Top Bottom