Is this dangerous?

FalconSniper331

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2024
last Sunday my duckling was sneezing ALOT....today he still sneezes but now when he chirps there’s like a raspy sound..like hoarse..he eats,he drinks, and play happily…but this is getting me scared? Is this avian flu? Or this flu?

Last edited:
Does the duckling sneeze immediately after eating? How deep is its water dish? (For ducks, they should have clean water that is deep enough to cover their face to keep their nostrils clean.) Is the grain very dusty (starter mash)? Where and when did you get this duckling and are there any others acting like it?

Does the duckling sneeze immediately after eating? How deep is its water dish? (For ducks, they should have clean water that is deep enough to cover their face to keep their nostrils clean.) Is the grain very dusty (starter mash)? Where and when did you get this duckling and are there any others acting like it?
Its not really deep maybe its an factor..some people tell me its salmonella..this duckling specifically is away from any duckling

And doesn’t sneeze immediately after eating

Its not really deep maybe its an factor..some people tell me its salmonella..this duckling specifically is away from any duckling
I would give it a deeper water dish and see if that helps. Even filling up your tub for it to swim in (supervised, of course) might be helpful.

Is it showing any other symptoms outside of sneezing?

Don't let people scare you. Give your duckling a deep water dish and make sure when feeding he has water at all times.

Tell us what you're feeding your duckling including treats. Do you offer chick grit along with their feed and water?
How old is your duckling?
@FalconSniper331

Back
Top Bottom