Is this dry skin? Or what?

How much did you dilute it? Your hen is no nearly as bad as mine were, she will be fine! Mine recovered winton the week I started treatment. If this is the case, she will be perfectly fine!
The directions say dilute 1.28 oz per gallon of water , I used a 5 gallon bucket & only put 2 oz in. I used the durvet brand but looks like it contains petroleum distillate. God I hate when I research the life out of something before using it but always miss that one little important detail. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Your babies are adorable. I also have silkies and dry skin came up with one of my pullets around 2 months old. I’ve gave them since birth. Anyway, I tried Vet RX which is diluted essential oil on her scalp and wiped off with a towel. Did seem to help her shed that dry skin. I also mixed Feather Fixer 50/50 with their food, to me that’s been the best thing to help her skin. Best of luck

Your babies are adorable. I also have silkies and dry skin came up with one of my pullets around 2 months old. I’ve gave them since birth. Anyway, I tried Vet RX which is diluted essential oil on her scalp and wiped off with a towel. Did seem to help her shed that dry skin. I also mixed Feather Fixer 50/50 with their food, to me that’s been the best thing to help her skin. Best of luck
Thank you! 😊 It might be a Silkie thing then...since they have different feather texture or something. It’s only the Silkie mixes (except the sizzles) that are having the dry skin issue. I will check that out though. Thanks for the input!

The directions say dilute 1.28 oz per gallon of water , I used a 5 gallon bucket & only put 2 oz in. I used the durvet brand but looks like it contains petroleum distillate. God I hate when I research the life out of something before using it but always miss that one little important detail. 🤦🏻‍♀️
This is exactly what happened to me! To treat him, use a soft cloth to wipe off the yellow crust. Then spray with Vettryicn once or twice daily. I treated they way and babies were treated and good within the week!

I always fail to do my research! I sprayed 2 times without diluting before I looked at the label to look at what the smell wa about. I FREAKED when I realized it had gasoline in it, and I hadn't diluted! You are way better off then me! Your babies will be fine, you got this!

Back
Top Bottom