Is this EE a boy or girl?

Went out and did some observing of the chicks. I have this darker one and two of the lighter color ( I have a post on the other one.). I'm not seeing anything that says red in the feathers. All three have the same color comb, it's just pink, not red. I ordered 3 EE girls and these are the only chicks to exhibit those characteristics. Unless they made a mistake :)

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm pretty sure this will turn out to be a pullet. We had 8 roos packed in with our all pullet order and we have 8 white chickens that I thought were rocks, but they were identified as white leghorns and they have to be the roos because their combs are so large. They are so much bigger at their age then my white leghorn hens, were at that age. We also caught two of them crowing tonight. They just turned 8 weeks. So unless the hatchery made a mistake with the gender, all my others should be pullets.

Just out of curiosity, what hatchery did you get your chicks from? I have one that looks sooo much like yours, and close to the same age, from Mt Healthy. I'm pretty convinced now that mine it a pullet, too. She has no redness in her comb at 9 + weeks. She is still bigger than the others and has the same kind of markings as yours.

Back
Top Bottom