Is this egg fertile?

Claire611

Chirping
Feb 10, 2021
Hi All. I’m looking for some help to determine if this egg is fertile (all three pics are the same egg). Thank you!
EFA0691F-D89E-45C7-82BF-23790C9206F5.jpeg
92F99BE2-5F3F-469D-B064-C9F098B2B526.jpeg
8063B894-DF6A-443C-94E3-4889E35DB444.jpeg

What are thoughts on crow collars and how humane they are?
I’m not allowed to have rooster where I live either, so I reluctantly got him a crow collar. He adjusted very quickly and you can barely hear his crow anymore, although he still does his warning calls. (Which are loud but no louder than the girl’s egg song.) He can eat and breathe and make other sounds normally. Only downside is that he stopped growing feathers where the collar is so he isn’t as fluffy as he could be.

Donovan (previously “Donna”) is 5 months old. So far he is a pretty great little guy and not too noisy so we might try to keep him as long as possible :)

Every county has noise pollution laws. Roosters are noisy. In built up areas roosters are generally not allowed. If the neighbour complains due to noise then the rooster is a noise nuissance so less about not allowing cockerels, more about not having excessive noise in certain neighbourhoods I would guess

They seem a little inhumane but if your rooster doesn't develope a habit of crowing (because of the crow collar) and he isn't influenced by other roosters and their crowing maybe he won't become an annoyance to any one around you.

I have also seen people train their roosters not to crow.

Chances are if your rooster doesn't make much noise and your neighbors know nothing about chickens you won't have any issues

Back
Top Bottom