Is this Marek’s Disease

I don't think that a vitamin defiency would cause this type of paralysis. Especially when she's been being fed and has vitamins that has been being given to her. It seems too extreme in my opinion.

I am a new chicken owner and one of my silkies,8 weeks old, started limping last week. I thought it was an injury and wrapped the leg for 5 days. That did nothing and then she started to lose the use of her other leg. And now it seems to be her head. I took a video. I have had her separated since I noticed the issue. I have had all my chickens on poultry cell since day one. I’m using a syringe to give her poultry cell and water. Im giving her magnesium baths to keep her clean. I’m hand feeding her chick starter food and scrambled eggs with nutritional yeast for b12. Please let me know if I should be doing something else! Thank you everyone!
Stop the baths immediately. That will kill her.

I don't think that a vitamin defiency would cause this type of paralysis. Especially when she's been being fed and has vitamins that has been being given to her. It seems too extreme in my opinion.
It absolutely can cause this.

Stop the baths immediately. That will kill her.
I’m learning may I ask why. It’s very low water and I hold her the whole time. It’s been very helpful in cleaning poop off of her feathers. And I blow dry her feathers on low warm heat not hot after.

Back
Top Bottom