Is this possibly similar to porcelain?

Ohh LOL josh. Yeah it's porcelain. If you look closely, the head is a dark cream and the wings are furning a light brown. That one is young. I guess it's like splash, sometimes the colors come in later. If you had a white next to it, you could tell the differences easier.

Well haha thats the problem. I don't know. I got her from Amy Piehl with some b/b/s ones. I was either going to keep it as a pet, or sell it to a serious breeder of this color so this variety will develope. I don't know the quality yet if it is even worth breeding etc Its only a month old in that pic.

Quote:
Creme...Mystery solved! This is really a cool color, now to check out the genetics to repro more!
Hold on to your tailfeathers, the new "In" color of the future! Definately worth keeping and working with!

Your silkies will be known as the "Creme dela Creme" or "Creme Of The Croup" LOL:th

Sorry had to go there!

I do not believe they are porcelain, based upon the photos. But I know that hue and depth of colour are difficult to capture accurately in photos. The reason I say not porcelain is that the colour in the hackle looks much too dark for a lavendar dilution. Calico is probably a better colour to call them as they appear to have a splash base and show red/brown. Any chance they are carrying dun? That also looks to me like a possibility.

I do n ot think they carry Dun, based on what I know. The younger one is definetely not as dark as the first, it is more a pale blue, the first one is too dark to be lavender your right Suze. I KNOW this came from the black pen, as that is the only pen I have ever gotten 6 toed birds out of and she has 6 toes each foot. The younger one does not.
However, seeing that Myron Turk crossed white to black at one point, if there were some other colors hiding in the back ground WAYYY back, who knows. After all, my line of Dutch bantams I got from the Dutch queen Jean Robocker herself, after 30+ years a wheaten suddenly popped up, and several after just the right combination of birds I suppose anything is possible.

Here are todays photos of the older one.
81410006.jpg

81410005.jpg

81410004.jpg

81410003.jpg

81410007.jpg

Last edited:
Are those all ONE bird? The first and last photos look like they are a different bird than the three in between.

The three middle photos look to be well on the way to a black tailed buff (check out buff brahmas for an example).

It doesn't look like dun in any of these photos. I would definitely say calico for the 1st and last photo.

yes, the pics I posted are all of the same bird, just the lighting, I might have used a flash for some it being in the coop and all.

Back
Top Bottom